email me at that address up there ^ Lets hangout on FACEBOOK! Goodtimes on TWITTER!

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

INTERVIEW on Coup De Main!

...appeared a this year and slipped my 'must post on the blog' rader. without further ado....

SARAH LARNACH - profile!
Written by Sian Haydon
Wednesday, 09 March 2011 16:18


Her watercolour paintings are a little bit gritty, a little bit cheeky, and intriguingly beautiful. No matter what words I use to describe her work, visual artist SARAH LARNACH is a true artistic genius!

I'm sure you've probably caught yourself looking at her illustrations before, for example: LADYHAWKE's album and singles covers, as well as featuring in the music video for 'My Delirium'. Scrolling through her blog, I find the rest of Larnach's work really mesmerizing, including a seriously cool Halloween costume from last year.

After spending a few years in the land of Oz, the talented Larnach has returned to the place she calls home, right here in little old New Zealand! Upon discovering this little piece of information, I think I will now proceed to stalk her. Who wouldn't? She loves dinosaurs...

COUP DE MAIN: Was art and illustration always something you wanted to pursue as a career?
SARAH LARNACH: Yes. I wanted to be an artist when I was young, but my mum, an artist, made me promise not to be one. I wasn't aware of creative jobs growing up, so I didn't really look into anything else in 'the arts'. Consequently, I was pretty lost when I left school and after much trial and error and time wasted, I found myself at art school in my twenties - it felt really good to excel at something, so I kept going. After that, 'work' just kept finding me; exhibitions, my work with Ladyhawke, the support of a patron (Element skateboards, through their Eden advocates programme), an agent (International Rescue)... and now the galleries are getting fancier, and the album art requests keep coming, and I'm feeling very lucky to have this as my job. BUT if this art thing doesn't work out, I'm going to study paleontology and hypothesize new visions of how dinosaurs might have appeared, because there are some details we will never know for sure.


SEE THE REST IN THE ACTUAL INTERVIEW HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment